Forums » News and Announcements

The Halloween Treat

• March 10, 2014 6:28 PM IST

I was warming up to the meals that I was making in the kitchen. My confidence was slowly growing as I made meals for my husband and my children. My mother and mother-in-law were also very helpful in the process. One of the meals that my kids loved when they visited their grandparents was macaroni and cheese. I thought I had seen everything that came with making a macaroni and cheese dish. I was utterly surprised when that there was a halloween macaroni and cheese recipe. The good thing was that I had to cook it once a year. My kids wanted to eat the meal before they went out trick or treating. I had to start the cooking process early. My kids were obsessed with the cheese and they wanted me to put in as much as I possibly could. For Halloween, I used blue cheese, and edible black pasta squid ink. I decided to make the meal more sinister by serving the dish in skulls. I added some hot sauce into the mixture too. It was utterly delicious and kind of hot too. Later on, I made the cream and butter sauce before I mixed it in the blue-black pasta. The meal looked kind of scary to me. I wondered what my kids would think of the meal, and they totally loved it.

• 28 posts
    March 10, 2014 6:31 PM IST
    Nice

(200 symbols max)

(256 symbols max)